Positive Change Through Public Policy
A collective voice to address issues that matter
Advocacy is a major part of Provident Behavioral Health's work to create a brighter future for our clients. We partner with other influencers in our industry to form powerful alliances and pool resources. We share our knowledge with those who strive to make positive change and help shape policy with local, state, and national legislators.
We are pleased to announce that Missouri House Bill 1719, which is focused on suicide prevention training for medical professionals, was signed into law on June 1, 2018.
Provident also supports passage of the proposed National Suicide Hotline Improvement Act.
Provident is part of the leadership of the following organizations:
- St. Louis Regional Suicide Prevention Coalition
- MO Suicide Prevention Network | United States (MOSPN)
- Missouri Coalition of Children’s Agencies (MCCA)
- Children’s Services Coalition – Advocacy Committee
- Behavioral Health Network of Greater St. Louis
- National Alliance for Strong Families and Communities – Annual Conference Committee
- Missouri Afterschool Network (MASN)