Make a difference by sharing your time and talent with Provident Behavioral Health
Provident Crisis Services (PCS)
Provident's PCS volunteers truly save lives every day by answering calls to our crisis hotline when others need help. It is one of the most challenging and rewarding volunteer experiences you can have.
- At least 18 years old
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to distinguish one’s own beliefs and values from those of the caller
- Accept supervision and develop appropriate working relationships
- Successfully complete 80-hour agency training program
The staff at PCS wants to ensure you are confident and prepared when working the crisis hotline. Because we value your dedication and success, a qualified staff member will provide support and supervision throughout your work on the hotline.
Provident Behavioral Health’s Access Center is designed to provide access to affordable and exceptional mental health counseling to any adult or child in need. The Access Center offers same-week $5 therapeutic appointments provided by master-level student clinicians. Our Access Center’s goal is to be a great equalizer, to make quality behavioral health services accessible by providing timely and affordable services to anyone in need.
The Access Center offers exemplary field experience to the student clinicians. Many clients who use the Access Center are low-income, are in crisis and are in need of multiple kinds of support. Students learn not only how to provide excellent mental health care but also learn how to coordinate care within Provident, as well as with external St. Louis-based community partners.
To begin the process of becoming an Access Center practicum student or intern, please email your resume and desired semester(s) to the Access Center Supervisor, LaTanya Mackey, at email@example.com.
- Be in a Master’s or Doctoral program in Counseling, Social Work, Marriage and Family Therapy, or Nursing
- Be available to see clients on Tuesdays and/or Thursdays from 9:00am-4:00pm
- Candidates must commit to a full 3-month semester, with preference given to students needing a 2-3 semester practicum experience
- Possess strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Maintain all requirements determined by their university
- Participate in training and supervision provided by Provident
- Exhibit ethical behavior and decision making
Provident Behavioral Health is dedicated to high-quality behavioral health services, and is also dedicated to providing exemplary field training. A qualified staff member will provide support and supervision throughout your work.
Our Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners provide preceptorship experiences to PMHNP students. If you are a nurse practitioner student seeking a preceptorship, please send your CV, clinical experience requirements, and additional information to firstname.lastname@example.org
Click here to visit our Psychiatric Services page for additional information about our team.
Afterschool Volunteer Opportunities
Share your hobbies and talents with the children in Provident's Afterschool programs! If you have a special interest that you think our afterschool elementary students would enjoy, please contact us at email@example.com. We love to provide our students with enrichment activities that broaden their horizons. Special activities have included poetry workshops, karate classes, dancing, drumline club and cooking.