The Second Annual Spirit of Provident Gala was held on Saturday, February 11, 2017. We were honored to recognize Carol and Ambassador George (Bert) Walker III as our Spirit of Provident awardees. They have been committed to improving the quality of life for the citizens of our region for many years. Our keynote speaker was Darryl Strawberry, former professional baseball player, author, and pastor, who overcame many challenges in life, including drug addiction and mental illness.
On Saturday, July 8th, we held our fifth Annual Rooster Run. Fredbird was there along with our mascot, Rudy Rooster. Following the race, runners enjoyed sport waffles, chock full of 15 grams of protein. All proceeds benefited our 24/7 crisis hotline, counseling services and community support programs. Take a peek at our photos!
If you'd like to volunteer to assist us with our events, please contact Maggie Bauer at email@example.com. We'd love to have the help!
Life Crisis Services (LCS) Needs Volunteers!
If you know definitively that you want to become a Life Crisis volunteer, please fill out this application and email it back to our Volunteer & Practicum Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a cover letter and a resume. Our next training sessions are August 11-13 and 18-20, 9 am-5 pm at our Midtown location, 2650 Olive, St. Louis, MO 63103. All sessions are mandatory. For more information or clarification, contact Lisa Gunkel at 314-446-2867 or email@example.com.
Thank you so much for your interest! Life Crisis volunteers truly save lives on a daily basis.
- At least 18 years old
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to distinguish one’s own beliefs and values from those of the caller
- Accept supervision and develop appropriate working relationships
- Successfully complete 68-hour agency training program
- The Crisis Worker provides immediate telephonic response to help callers that are in a crisis and refers persons with a need to appropriate community resources.
- LCS crisis workers (as a group) answer over 80 calls a day from people who are struggling with suicide, grief, depression, work, children, parents, alcohol, drugs, sexual issues, gambling, anger, abuse, health, money, other life challenges.
- Minimum of one 3-hour shift per week
- 68-hour commitment
- Certified by the American Association of Suicidology
- Offered a variety of times and dates throughout the year
- Training will prepare you for the most difficult of hotline calls
The staff at LCS wants to ensure you are confident and prepared when working the crisis hotline. Because we value your dedication and success, a qualified Life Crisis staff member will provide support and supervision throughout your work on the hotline.
Provident’s Life Crisis Services
2650 Olive Street
St. Louis, MO 63103
After School Volunteer Opportunities
If you have a special interest that you think our after school elementary students would enjoy, please contact Gail Sharpe at 314-802-2584 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We love to provide our students with enrichment activities that broaden their horizons. Special activities have included: poetry workshops, karate classes, dancing, drumline club and cooking. We welcome community engagement.